Keep your friends close and your fries closer
September 29, 2021
French fries are the world's most popular fast food. There is plenty of food on the table, fast food, pubs, and bars' menus that contain them. During deep-frying, French fries absorb fat from the deep-frying process, as well as carbohydrates and proteins found in the potato. Surface seasonings containssodium (almost always), which is the main component of salt.
Our "secret" to make French Fries great
The Best Potatoes
Fries should be made from potatoes with high starch content, such as Idaho potatoes. There is less moisture in this variety, which is denser.
A waxy potato is any potato with red skin, a new potato, or a fingerling potato. When we cook them, the water will evaporate and they will hollow out.
Prepare the Potatoes
We scald a large bowl of cold water with lemon juice and fill it with cold water before preparing the potatoes.In this bowl, we will put the cut fries once they've been cut. If potatoes are exposed to oxygen for too long, even in water, they getdiscoloured. It is still beneficial to add a small amount of acid to the water because it helps the potatoes stay white.
- 1. Remove the eyes from the potatoes and peel them.
- 2. By using a knife, square off the potato and slice it into 1/4-inch slabs. Divide each slab into 1/4-inch pieces. Slice each piece into 3 inches. Transfer them to the cold water as your glories should be cut into three-inch pieces after they are transferred to the cold water.
- 3. After the fries are cut, rinse them under cold water in a bowl until the water turns clear. The idea is to rinse off any excess starch. Starch is rinsed away by rinsing.
- 4. A further tablespoon of lemon juice is added, followed by several cups of ice, which chills the water thoroughly. Transfer the mixture to the refrigerator to chill for about 30 minutes. This step prevents the outside of the French fries from getting cooked through until the inside is cooked all the way andallowing the outside portion to become brown first.
The Best Oil
For making French fries, we use the best quality oil. You should also use the best things for making a dish best.
It is this breakdown that creates crisper fries as the oil heats up-oil with a high smoke point breaks down more slowly. It needs to be properly filtered to reuse frying oil three to four times, or up to six hours of cooking. A proper filter should be used, as well as an airtight container. This should preferably be kept in the refrigerator or at a cool, dark, dry place. Before moving the storage container, we look for any separation in the oil and then sniff it to check the smell isn't off or acrid before moving the storage container.
The Double-Fry Method
To cook the French fries, we will need to fry them twice. The first round is at a lower temperature to cook the inside of the potato, then we cook it again, and this time we fry it at a high temperature to make it crunchy.
A deep-fryer is used to heat up the oil in a Dutch oven, and a candy or frying thermometer is used to monitor its temperature; clip-on thermometers ensure it doesn't slide around.
- 1. We remove the fries from the ice water bath and pat them dry with clean kitchen towels before adding the wet potatoes to the hot oil that could cause them to spatter. The pans were lined with thick paper nearby.
- 2. After that, we heat the oil to 325 F and cook the potatoes in it for 6 to 8 minutes, or until they're soft and slightly golden..
- 3. Fries are removed from the oil using a wire mesh skimmer and drained on paper-lined pans. And refrigerate them again until we're ready to use them, or at the very least let them stand at room temperature refrigeratenutes.
- 4. We will heat the oil to 375 F and cook the fries for another 2 to 3 minutes until they are golden brown and crispy. We drain them on clean paper, then salt generously, and serve right away. After draining, we sprinkle generously with salt and serve immediately.
We've talked about fries so far. To enjoy our fries you can come alternatively, you can place an order on Zomato & Swiggy or visit Malviya road, New Delhi, where our store is located. For more updates make sure, you follow us on Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, and Twitter as we are present on all platforms. Thanks for being connected with us till the conclusion. For more information about our more fast foods, you can keep checking our website www.helloburger.in.